Saturday, November 24, 2012

Taco Tuesday!

Every week on Tuesday we make some variation of tacos, makes for an easy plan during the week.  I got this idea from a friend (thank you April!), and I have been finally putting it into practice!

Usually I cook chicken or beef with taco seasoning as a staple item.  On the side it varies week by week depending on what we have in the house.  Recently, was avocado season here in Thailand and that was wonderful!  We always had avocado's around to use with dinner.  One of my 2nd staples on taco Tuesday has become homemade tortillas.  The first time I tried these it was a huge undertaking, but they did turn out great.  The recipe calls for enough ingredients to make 30 tortillas, which I did the 1st time and only the 1st time.  Unless you need this many for a group event, I would recommend 1/2ing the ingredients and making 10-15 tortillas to start with.  Also, I DO use 100% whole wheat flour and it works great!

To be honest, I'm usually not much for salsa {unless it's mango season!}, maybe it was the cilantro flavor ..?  But I've been wanting to try to make my own for quite some time.  On the spicy scale I am a minus 1, so I decided to make my salsa without any peppers AND...it turned out wonderful!  I could have eaten the entire batch of salsa all to myself ;-), but had to share for dinner.


In the picture below I shared pics of the tortilla before cooking, during cooking, and after cooking.  Sometimes it helps to see what it's 'supposed' to look like.


No comments:

Post a Comment